Prestigious university based on the spirit of Love, Light & Freedom
Classes are designated from Level 1 to Level 6 according to students' proficiency level as determined by a Korean Language Proficiency Test administered each semester.
LevelⅠ [Beginner ]
- Students, who does not have a knowledge of Korean language, learn basic grammar, usage, and vocabulary for a basic communication in a daily life
- Students can understand construction of Korean vowel and consonant, and can write and read basic Korean
- Students can understand basic vocabularies and construct a simple sentence and conversation for essential daily life such as self-introduction, telephone conversation, shopping, using public transportation, and conversation at a pharmacy and a hospital.
Level Ⅱ [Beginner Ⅱ]
- Students can understand and construct a practical sentence, and can differentiate between formal language usage and informal language usage.
- Students can understand and use the expression related to familiar location and topic to their life.
- Students can read and write the vocabularies and use language skills for their daily life and for using public facilities.
Level Ⅲ [Intermediate Ⅰ]
- Students can understand and use the most vocabularies for daily life.
- Students can understand the contents of society and culture based on their understanding of Korean public culture such as King Sejong & Hangeul, marriage, and Korean national holidays.
- Students can understanding basic feature of written language and spoken language, and can differentiate between written language and spoken language and can use both.
- Students learn basic vocabularies related to a job and a social phenomenon and can make the sentence by using relatively complicated postposition conjunctional connective suffix.
Level Ⅳ [Intermediate Ⅱ]
- Students can implement most of the language functions necessary to use public services and to keep social relationships.
- Students can also implement some degree of the functions required in general work performance such as simple documentwriting, reporting, etc.
- Students can understand relatively easy and simple contents in the news or newspaper.
- Students can understand and express familiar social and abstract contents with relative accuracy and fluency.
- Students can acknowledge and express social and cultural contents based on an understanding of frequently used idiomaticexpressions and represent Korean culture.
Level Ⅴ [Advanced Ⅰ]
- Students can implement some degree of language functions such as summarizing, demonstrating, inferring, discussing, etc.that are necessary for research and work performance in their professional fields.
- Students can understand and express unfamiliar contents in politics, economy, society, and culture.
- Students can distinguish different contextual usage of language appropriately according to official and unofficial contexts as wellas spoken and written contexts. In addition, students can understand and organize editorials, reports, literary work, interviews, debates, etc.
Level Ⅵ [Advanced Ⅱ]
- Students can implement the language functions necessary for research and work performance in their professional fields withrelative accuracy and fluency and understand and express unfamiliar contents in politics, economy, society, and culture.
- Students experience no difficulty in implementing most language functions and conveying meaning although they have not yet reached the level of first language speakers of the target language.